i'll start off light and end with the possible controversy. after working all day saturday, i feel good. i have a plan for the clutter and i even have some of it dealt with. one of the things that has been weighing on me that i didn't even really realize, are all of the photos i have, that aren't scrapbooked or in albums. i know with all the photos i take, i'm not going to be scrapbooking all of them. so i'm cool with having all the extra photos in photo albums. and that has been my plan for some time now. HOWEVER, i haven't made the move to put them in albums....they're just piling up in boxes and overflowing everywhere. i used to print a lot more photos than i do now. i'm learning. so as i was organzing my studio this weekend, i realized it was time to get the photos under control. i went out and bought a large photo album (and i can already see that one isn't going to be enough) and while tom and i sat outside saturday night, i started filling it. it feels good to have a plan. hopefully i'll have all the surplus photos in albums soon. my studio closet already looks better.
i have the room in good shape now and it's amazing the effect that has on creativity. i made a page for a friend...
totally free. it felt good.
and a page about a dear friend-
as i wrote a few weeks/months ago....i really like simple pages.
and i took some photos of a really cute boy friday-
i love his serious looks-but he has a great smile too! i'm looking forward to doing a mini-shoot with his sister tonight!
okay, so on to the possible controversial topic. church. i have felt compelled for some time to write about this...but i've pretty much avoided it until now. the reason: i don't want to come across as judgmental. if i were speaking in person, i think it would be easier to make that clear. to me, one of the ugliest character traits is a judgemental attitude. i try not to be. so this is not about pointing a finger and saying "you should go to church" it's more about "this is what church can add to your life and i just want to encourage you to try it". yes, i'm a people pleaser : ) but i'm sincere.
top 10 reasons i go to church(and i'm going to be really real here...and not worry about being pc):
1. i love the way i'm in the moment when i'm in church. there are so many times day to day, when i recognize that i'm not really conscious. i'll be going through the motions, but i'm really a million miles away in my thoughts. when i'm in church, i'm in the moment fully. i love the way i feel fully alive. sometimes, i'm sad, convicted, full of joy, remorseful, relieved, grateful....but whatever i'm feeling, i'm feeling alive.
2. i love to corporately worship. singing, praying, totally into the Lord as a body of people. it's powerful.
3. i want to glorify God. i think this is our purpose as God's creation. a part of this is publicly acknowledging my loyalty to Him.
4. i like the accountability. in my church, when someone asks how i'm doing, they really want to know the truth. it's not a place that i can slip in and out unnoticed. my church family holds me accountable. i can be real there.
5. i love to be united with my family in church. we usually have a full row and i can't even put into words the joy i feel when i look and see my family sitting together in church.
6. i like to dress up. okay, not pc, but i'm trying to keep it real.
7. i feel like it's a way i can honor my grandparents. they are in heaven, but i know that it would make them happy to know that i'm in church. it was important to them, it's important to me.
8. i need to hear the Word. the Word is truth and i need truth in my life. and in the Word it says, "faith comes from hearing the message" rom 10:17 so even though i read it every day, i NEED to hear it spoken. plus hearing the Word challenges me in my daily life. i think on it all through the week.
9. when i miss a sunday, i feel empty. i hate missing. plain and simple.
10. i love the people. this is different than the accountability thing. i just adore my church family. i love that it's a group of people bonded by faith, and that we're all ages, colors,- all walks of life and yet we can love each other, and be there for each other. i am accepted, i know i can mess up and they'll be there to help pick up the pieces. and i want to do that for others. serving others is a huge part of why i want to be in a church body.
yeah, i love my church. i'm thankful to have found a place/body where i can go and bless, and be blessed in Jesus name.
i am not a preacher. but i sorta feel like one right now. again, this post is not to cast judgement, or make anyone feel bad, it's meant as an encouragement. it works for me. i believe i have experienced growth i would never have known, if i weren't attending church.
i pray for God's blessings for each of you!