today is the day i'm trying to implement more discipline. so of course, there is a challenge right away. a phone call, that changed the way i thought my morning would go. i already had a shoot scheduled, so i guess it wasn't that big of a deal. but i just thought it was humorous that i was thinking i could *take control*. ha! but i still plan to be more disciplined and get my workout in, as well as try to eat better and hopefully do my *artist's way* pages. i reread the first few chapters last night, and i'm ready to go.
friday was my niece leah's 13th birthday. i've called her mini-me since she was about 6....but when i looked at the new photos of her, i'm not seeing it as much. that made me a little sad. she's looking more like herself, and less like me. i took a few girls to omaha to shop and then we did a little shoot when we got back to town-
i can't believe she's 13!
on saturday, i did a shoot in the morning, and went to vic's for a great afternoon with friends. you'll see some photos on her blog...i haven't even loaded mine yet! i have to say, ever since i left, i've been dying to get in my studio and organize. her studio totally inspired me! it's not only beautiful, but it's ORGANIZED! something that i haven't figured out yet! but i worked on mine for a few hours late saturday night and last night. i can see the floor again. i'm so motivated, i just hope i can find some time to do it.
yesterday, we just went to church and hung out all day. kirby, amber and addison came over, as well as brooke, josh and the kids. we had the best time just letting the kids do sidewalk chalk and then going for a family walk....trying to get brooke's labor going. the weather was gorgeous all weekend. not really even hot enough to swim, although a few did. i took a bunch of photos, but haven't loaded them yet either.
and because i love lists, here's a list of things i'm loving lately.
- pasta with fresh basil (from the backyard), fresh tomatoes (farmer's market), garlic, feta cheese and olive oil. i could eat this every day. but the garlic is a bit of an issue with doing photoshoots : )
- natural peanut butter from whole foods on oat bread
- arugula -another thing i could eat every day. especially with avocados, sesame seeds, green onion, and celery. oh and that yummy asian dressing.
- aquage silkening conditioner (recommended by gabby)
- philosophy hope in a jar moisturizer
- 100 % cotton tanks and t-shirts
- sitting outside after dark every night, reconnecting with tom
- 2 of these for our patio on my wishlist!
just a few things that i wanted to share. i always love hearing about good stuff, so i thought you might too.
this made me happy. i had the morning news on and i caught part of a segment on celebrities who were 50 and over. madonna, michelle pfeifer, angela bassett. so inspiring! not that i'm 50 or anything.
i hope that you get out and enjoy the day. God bless!