to say it's been crazy lately, is an understatement! but i have to add that i love it for the most part. especially knowing that it's a busy season, it's not like this will continue after the fall rush. there have been so many things that i've wanted to share here, but i haven't been able to gather my thoughts and time to get it done! so i'll just break it down into completely random bits:
- when tom and i were in washington, my cousin erika took us to a great little town with some really fun shops. my favorite was today's country store and now they have a blog! and they were so sweet to email me the info. i absolutely loved everything about it. one of the things i really admired, was that they are constantly rearranging and re-staging the store. so according to erika, every time you go there, it looks different. that is a really cool thing. sort of like a really great restaurant, that is always doing cool new things on the menu. not just settling in to the same things. if you live in the area, or plan to visit, check this quaint shop out!
- i miss my music. there is something about the combination of photos and music. i may go back to the playlist playing automatically.
- kaitlyn has added photos from our session to her etsy shop owl people. plus she's added some great new stuff!
- the church shower for brooke and grey last night was lovely! chelsea did a beautiful job with the food and decorations! i haven't loaded the photos yet, but i'll get them loaded and post tomorrow.
- update on mom. she's feeling about the same. her diet is really limited, but she's doing pretty well other than that. please keep praying!
- my friend becca is a relentless fundraiser for jdrf. she is selfless in her efforts. i admire her so much for all she does. she is hosting a crop for jdrf in a few weeks. ALL proceeds go to jdrf. ALL. every cent. check it out and sign up. it's a super fun way to spend the day too!
- dancing. i do not enjoy the pasa doble. so last night's show wasn't all that, for me. tom tivo'd it and i skimmed through it quickly. even maks didn't make me swoon! next week will be better, right?
how's that for all over the place! i just felt like there were too many loose ends lately! i've been in too much of a hurry when i post. so there you go!
and the title of this post mentions couples. i've been doing quite a few shoots of couples lately. i have had so much fun doing this series of different engagement shoots with garrett and katie. the next shoot with them will be their wedding! unbelievable! i think this last shoot is my favorite. we always have a good time...well, i do anyway. they are just so easy to photograph. makes me really anxious to do their wedding!
stunning couple, right?
and then on a less serious note, homecoming was this past weekend and i got to do a few couples for homecoming -
my cute nephew trev and his girl lauren-
when lauren stepped out of the car, harper thought she was a princess. well, she did look like one!
i love, love, love this shot! i set it up, sure....but they pulled it off!
i also photographed my friend suzy's kiddos, lindsey and keith & friends:
lindsey's friend's date just happened to be connelly, our friend jeanine's son. small world.
sharing lots of images today, because i'm leaving tomorrow for LA! i'll post again tomorrow with some recent family shoots. thanks for looking : )
have a great day and God bless you and yours!