it's my curse. i think for me, it's not so much an insecurity, needing approval thing, it's more of a *if i can do (whatever the task is)*, and it makes that person happy....and it's not that much of a sacrifice, why not? does that make sense? i like to see people happy. i think it's sort of a motherly thing too. i just got in the habit of making things as easy as possible for everyone around me, and that sort of carried over. however, my sister sent a funny reply to an email i sent her yesterday, that hit the nail on the head! she nailed me on being a people pleaser, and was giving me a pretty hard time...and it was deserved. my people pleasing is apparently affecting her and a few other family members. oops. i guess i need to take another look at some of my choices. i've gotten so much tougher and stronger in this area, that my focus had sort of slacked on working on it. back to the drawing board :)
i have several heavy things on my mind these days. bear with me, as i journal here. ha! of course the election is on my mind. one thing that is driving me crazy... the negative tv ads. if you live near me, are you about to throw the tv out the window, when lee terry and jim esch's ads come on? it is UGLY. tom sent me a forward yesterday....and since he knows i really don't like forwards, i knew he must have thought it was pretty good to forward it to me. it was a statement written by david letterman, and he stated almost exactly what i've been thinking lately. unfortunately, i can't find the email now, but he wrote about how we (Americans) are complaining and complaining about our situation, but are we really suffering? do we really have it that bad? it ended with something to the effect, that we are spoiled rotten brats. i concur. i know that we don't live in a perfect world, BUT it sickens me when i hear celebrities and other upper/upper middle class people complaining about how awful things are. there are definitely people in the US who have reason to be upset about their situations, but to hear people complain, who aren't suffering...and yet aren't doing anything sacrificial to lessen the pain of others, is sickening. cher was on one of the morning news shows this morning and she said she had never seen America in such bad shape. what? is she suffering? has she had to give anything up? i have nothing against cher, in fact when i was a kid, i watched her and sonny faithfully. and it's not just cher, i feel like i'm hearing it over and over with the celebrites and it rubs me SO wrong! come on. of course the recent stock market fall, has effected us, and lots of others. it could make a difference in when tom is able to retire, so yes, we feel it, but in the course of history, there are always rises and falls in the economy. i love my country, and i'm unapologetic. i love what we are founded on. in God we trust. i may get discouraged about the economy, but i will be very careful about where i place blame. whew. i don't think this was the most people pleasing post : ) but i feel better.
sweet innocent little daelynn. i think his parents are among the best i've seen. they adore their baby boy. that gives me hope! when i hear so much negativity all around, i spend an afternoon with wonderful families like this one and i feel encouraged.
happy 1 year dae!
the sweet and talented kara ward sent me this:
thanks kara! every time i visit her blog, i leave it up, so i can listen to her awesome playlist! love it. her blog just makes me happy. so uplifting and postive and full of beautiful images.
6 things that make me happy:
1. working at home: i try very hard not to take this for granted....even when i'm working lots of hours!
2. time in my studio, creating.
3. time with tom, family and friends. just being together.
4. fresh fall air. the smell of fallen leaves.
5. anticipation of the holidays. decorating the house, making and gathering gifts, holiday parties, Christmas music playing, baking cookies and making fudge.
6. photography. every aspect. taking the pics, looking through them and editing, creating cards, press print books, and other custom layouts. and then hearing when it makes people happy. on a side note, one of the things i'm very aware of right now, is how much i love to find the right angle and the best look when i'm photographing people. especially women. we are so hard on ourselves. i don't think i enjoy anything more, than taking photos of women and helping them to see their own beauty. i know it's sounds cheesy, but it's the truth. one of my very favorite things about photography right now.
so, i'm supposed to choose 6 blogs that make me happy. since this post has gotten so long, i'm going toput that off until tomorrow. i have some gift giving ideas and might incorporate that.
have a great day. God bless you!