first of all, thanks again for all the prayers for griffin and mom. grif is here with me today, and he's doing great. thank you Lord! we've spent lots of time painting.
little g adores big g. i have a really similiar photo of grif looking at payton with the same look on his face.
i took these last two shots with a squirmy baby on my lap..but they didn't turn out too bad.
so here's the *b* winter loves list:
- a cup of yummy hot tea or coffee every afternoon or evening. served in a favorite mug. for me, it really is the simple little rituals of everyday life. i try to be aware of how much these little things enrich my daily life.
- a fire in the fireplace, good conversation and and no tv.
- sweaters, hats, mittens, and scarves. i would be so sad if i lived in a climate where i didn't need them. well, a little sad.
- getting my jammies on before dinner. i never do that in the summer!
- ice and snow covered trees and branches. i love to go out for a drive with my camera when everything is wintery.
- the feeling of being all cozy and warm, with no desire to be out and about, like i have when it's nice out. (although summer is still my favorite...for a short season i'm happy to be bundled up inside)
- candlelit dinners just the two of us in the dining room or fireside.
- comfort food.
- relaxing in the hot tub, looking up and seeing the stars.
- burning my woodwick candle, which makes the house smell amazing.
winter isn't my favorite season, but since i do love the change of seasons, i try to focus on what i like about winter, to get me through. a week in california every january always helps too! at least it breaks up the relentless cold.
i'm contemplating doing my 8 layout challenge again. either that, or i may do mel's challenge, that i read about on glue's blog. that may just motivate and inspire me. by the way, i am totally honored by the layout that glue did using a photo i shot of her boys and one of me shooting her boys. so sweet of her. i love that my friends want me to take photos of their families. seriously.
i did a few layouts just for fun using the january kenner road kit. simple ones. layouts that are just for me and my family.
photo of me by the awesome kim kwan.
still loving time in my studio. and i've been reading a lot, and loving that too. i started reading "east of eden" and realized that i had just read it a year or two ago, and i really didn't want to read it again. i have one chapter left in joel osteen's newer book, which i've linked before, and it is such a good uplifting book. i think that book could change the most sour person. it's my workout reading book. i'm also reading "God is closer than you think", which my auntie jaynee gave me when she was here visiting. it's a great one too. lots of references to art and particularly michaelangelo. love that. so, i need a good novel. i got "Christmas sweater" by glenn beck for Christmas, so i think i'll read that next. it will be a quick read. i have a bunch of books on my "to read" list on goodreads, so i need to print them out and go to the library.
tom and i are going to the twilight showing of "gran torino" when he gets off today. i don't even have a clue what it's about, but knowing tom wants to see it, i'm game. he promises it won't be another "i am legend" (that movie traumatized me!) tomorrow night i'm looking forward to sushi with suzy. we need to catch up, and the sushi is a bonus. and i have two photoshoots this weekend! so happy about that! PLUS, my first cover for the world herald's health-wise is out tomorrow! tom said there is a sneak peek of it in the paper today. i can't wait!
after a shaky start, i think 2009 will hold many, many good things. a wedding or two for sure, plus, my braces will be coming off! trying to focus on the good!